These are one of those classic cookies that everyone knows and loves – they look impressive with that hunk of chocolate in the middle and have that great chocolate-peanut butter combination going for them!
After the Holidays stock up on Clearance Kisses to make these (the wrappers get taken off, no one has to know if they were from one holiday ago!) You can even take the Peanut Butter to the next level by using the individual Reese’s Cups in these (both Rich & Mom preferred the Reese’s version) but make sure you roll your balls on the larger size to be able to fit that cup. I bet that you could make these ‘gourmet’ by using the Dark Chocolate Kisses too!
- 1 bag Hershey Kisses (can also use Reese's cups)
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add both sugars; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased (can use parchment if you would like) cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie. They will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
One Year Ago – Pasta Fagioli
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… what is your favorite “classic cookie” to make or eat?