Two of of my favorite things about Summer are all of the Fresh Flavors and eating Warm-From-the-Sun Fresh-Picked-Fruit. This Peach Salsa gives you all of that fresh flavor of the fresh-picked fruit but in a dippable form! Last week I shared my Strawberry Salsa (and stay tuned for Pineapple Salsa) but this salsa here showcases another fruit – the peach! You can very easily enjoy this peach salsa with some tortilla chips or if you ease up on the suggested amount of ‘spice/kick’ in the recipe below then you end up with more of a sweet salsa perfect for with those cinnamon chips.
No matter how you enjoy your fruit (and the fruits of your labors) this summer, do it deliciously.
…SPEAKING OF DELICIOUSLY: I am currently entered in the “Live Deliciously” Contest that Cupcake Winery in running on Facebook. Remember a while back I made Red Wine Cupcakes? Well, even if you don’t, please take a moment to head over to the contest and VOTE (the prizes are pretty sweet, money or wine – both sound great to me). So seriously: go vote and then come back every day to see what I have going on around here and to vote again, and be sure to share the word with everyone. And another side note… you can expect many more wine (and beer) inspired dishes around here as we are toying around with a really cool wine/beer recipe thing for our Penyslvania Wedding Photographer wedding next summer!
- 3 or 4 ripe (but firm) peaches, washed, pitted, and cut into ½ inch chunks
- ½ of a small red onion, cubed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, washed, seeded, and minced
- 4 Tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- sugar to taste (use only if you’ve made your salsa too spicy)
- Wash your peaches & Cut across the middle all the way around then twist to separate your two sides. Your pit should be able to pop right out – then just dice up your peach into nice small chunks and dump into a medium bowl.
- Peel and mince your red onion (the smaller the dice, the better). Wash jalapeño peppers and cut lengthwise. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the ribs and seeds. Chop into a very small dice (you may want to use a mini food processor or a hand-chopper to get tiny pieces and then you could just do the pepper and onion together). Add both to the peaches (wash your hands well here to protect from those hot pepper juices).
- Wash, stem, and finely mince the cilantro. Add your juiced line to the bowl – toss everything together now and give it a quick taste. Now is the time to add those spices in the suggested amounts or as little (or much) as you want.
- Allow your salsa to set for a little bit (chilled) to get all those flavors really hanging out together. Serve with chips or fish or chicken… the possibilities are endless!
* this recipe adapted from Kitchen Riff’s is only a basic outline, feel free to change it up however you want!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… Have you ever entered a contest & won?