Grilling & Summer go Hand-in-Hand. Recently I went on a little bit of a Non-Tomato Salsa kick, making this pineapple salsa as well as some Peach Salsa and a Savory/Sweet Strawberry Salsa. Savory Summer Fruit Salsas go amazingly well with Fresh Grilled Summer Proteins.
This Pineapple Salsa is beyond adaptable! You can serve this over a fish (we did Tuna, but Salmon or other fish would be great) or over some tasty chicken, over pork and even over some fresh steak. In addition to serving over proteins, this salsa is of course perfect with some tortilla chips or on top of your classic tacos!
Happy Summer, Happy Salsa, & get your Eat On!
- 1½ c. fresh pineapple, diced into ¼ in. cubes
- 3 T. red onion, diced finely
- 1 jalapeno chile, chopped
- 3 T. cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 tuna steak per person
- Mix all Salsa ingredients in a small bowl
- Marinate Tuna Steaks in an Olive Oil/Lime/Cumin mix for about an hour. Grill on a hot grill for about 3 Minutes per-side. This will give you a nice sear on the outside and then a medium-rare inside.
- Serve on top of some Wild Rice with the tasty & beautiful Pineapple Salsa on top.
roughly inspired by Daily Waffle‘s Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Special Thanks go out yet again to my Wonderful Fiancé for photographing this dinner. Rich is the Owner & Head Photographer at the best Pocono Wedding Photography Company that I know (Alborn Photography). In addition to being a wonderfully talented Photographer, he is also the Chief Taste Tester here at Teacher by Day – Chef by Night!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What other foods do you associate with summer?