“Silly Rabbit, Trix are for Kids” … well they aren’t just for kids today!
The Slogan for this post is now “Silly Baker, Trix are for [Rice Crispy] Treats”
Many of us grew up on Rice Crispy Treats (if not at home often then we craved them on the rare occasion that we did get them). There is just something magical about the sugary sticky mess with a crunch that the cereal and the marshmallow create. With these Crispy Treats we take that sugar-overload to the next level as we use Trix instead of Rice Crispies for not only more sweetness but also a super fun burst of color!
These would be great for any party (for kids or adults)! A friend who ate them said she could see them at her daughter’s Princess Party as Magic Wands. Use your imagination and stir up some sweets which are sure to put a smile on anyone’s (anyone who is not diabetic, that is) face!
Trix Crispy Treats
- 6 Cups Trix cereal
- 4 cups Miniature Marshmallows (or about 40 large marshmallows, 10 ounce package)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Bowl of Water
- Put all of your cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place your marshmallows into a medium-large size microwave safe bowl. Add the butter in the bowl with the marshmallows. Heat the marshmallows and butter in the microwave for about 3 minutes or just enough so that the marshmallows and butter start to melt. Stir the marshmallows and butter together until smooth.
- Add the marshmallow mixture to the bowl of cereal and gently stir all ingredients together until the cereal is coated.
- Wet your hands with the water and take out a handful of gooey-sticky-treat. Shape into a ball & place on a cookie sheet which has been sprayed with cooking spray. Dip your hands and repeat until you have the desired amount of balls. Then go around and stick a Popsicle stick in each one & form the treat around the stick so it stays. Alternatively you could just coat a casserole dish with cooking spray and pat your Trix Crispy Treats into the dish and cut once cool! You can even add an extra special touch and once either version is cool take it to the next level by topping with some sprinkles!
inspired by the beautiful and delicious photos over at Coupon Clipping Cook, check it out!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What treats always make you feel like a kid?