Sometimes some of the best foods come together without much thought or preparation.
- We were going to a Covered Dish Picnic
- I was afraid my Squash Casserole was not going to be enough
- There were lots of Fresh Peaches in the fridge from our Co-Op
- The Picnic was in about an hour (no time to bake)
- I had no Graham Cracker Crusts in the Pantry
- I did have some Instant Vanilla Pudding
… and you get the picture!
All I did for this delicious dish (which people who didn’t even know it was me who had made it suggested to “try the peach thing, its delightful”) was to slice & arrange my peaches in a pie dish, make up my pudding & then carefully add some peaches on top. Simplicity at its best! I’m sure if you made your own pudding it would be even better – but this was perfect as is!
Peaches & Cream Pudding (Pie)
- 1 box instant Vanilla Pudding (mine called for 2 cups milk, and I used about 1¾ cup milk with a 50/50 mix of milk & cream)
- 5 – 10 peaches (enough to cover the bottom of your pie dish in about 2 full layers & then it takes about 2 peaches to cover the top)
- Cut your peaches in half, remove the pits. Cut into medium/thin slices (peach quarters) and arrange in circles (no one can really see what is on the bottom – but it makes me happy to know it looks pretty).
- Make the Pudding according to directions & carefully pour over top. Once it begins to set (its instant – happened immediately with me) arrange more peach slices neatly on top.
- Top with a few pieces of mint (not only for pretty, it tastes delicious when you get some mint in with these flavors – feel free to add more than I did!!) Allow to set in the refrigerator for at least an hour (mine was in slightly less and was fine).
- Scoop out & Enjoy!
One Year Ago - (Zucchini, Tomato, & Orzo) Stuffed Peppers: garden fresh & delicious!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What food have you made last minute that turned out to be a great hit?