Its Back to School Time!
I am so ready to go back to school. I love my job and what I do – and by this time of the summer, I am ready for my regular routine again and to share in the daily lives, learning, and excitement of my students.
If you have kids going back to school, you might be looking for some easy gifts. Even if you don’t need an easy gift now: the Holidays are quickly approaching! You could even make this and keep on hand for a quick grab-n-go gift. I made this S’mores Bars (mix) in a Jar over the summer and donated it to Quiet Valley for a raffle prize at the end of the Rooster Run.
Items in Jars are just so cute and easy to make/give – so come up with a reason (or no reason at all) to brighten someone’s day and make this simple jar gift today!
- 1 ½ cups Teddy Grahams or Graham Crackers crumbled into medium pieces
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups your favorite flavor chocolate chips
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 (quart) mason jar
- Layer all or your ingredients in the mason jar (in the order listed) and then write and attach an instruction label…
- “Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare a 9” square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Mix all contents of the jar along with ½ cup melted butter in another bowl, then pour into the prepared baking dish and press firmly. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut into bars.”
as adapted from Paula Deen
Two Years Ago -Fresh Tomato Orzo Pasta Salad
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What DIY goodies do you like to give as gifts?