One look at this layered dip/spread, and you know it is screaming HOLIDAYS at you. Then one taste of this layered dip/spread and its each man for himself. Everything about this is 100% delicious and it might end up causing this year’s family fight as everyone tries to get some of it (consider yourself warned).
Forget about the fights that might happen though, because this totally needs to be a part of your life – and the fights will just be a memory of the holidays for years to come (but its ok, because any negative memories will be overshadowed by the happy memories of this dip/spread)! And since an argument/discussion of some-sort is likely to happen when you have groups of people around why not avoid the scary topics like politics and just allow people to fight over the last bites of tasty food!
Now pardon me while I go make a batch of this to pull out whenever I may need it…
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- Spices (to taste): Garlic and whatever else you like (even take a bit of your favorite spice mix)
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) pesto (or homemade: basil or garlic pesto)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips or celery and veggies
- Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in spices. In another bowl, combine pesto and Parmesan cheese. Layer less than ⅓ of the cream cheese mixture, then pesto mixture then about another third of the cheese then the sun-dried tomatoes and finally the rest of the cheese in prepared bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Unmold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
inspired by The Taste of Home
- Split the whole thing in half and make it in two smaller bowls instead to spread the wealth to more holiday gatherings
- This can be made ahead (in bulk!?) then frozen & defrosted for at least 24 hours in the fridge
- Feel free to change up the flavors (especially in the Cream Cheese) to whatever the mood suits
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What treat have you made which caused arguments because everyone loved it so much??