If I could bottle a smell – it would be the amazing smell of roasted vegetables wafting from the oven (you know, when you are roasting vegetables mixed with garlic & olive oil)!
When there are yummy delicious vegetables on sale (especially eggplants and mushrooms) I just can’t resist. When you are short on time but big on appetite, you can just cut up some of those veggies roast or saute them and you have an amazing dinner just moments away. In addition to just simply roasting (with some garlic and good cheese of course) the vegetables for this dish, I also threw a pot of water onto the stove to boil & made some pasta.
The smells that will waft from your kitchen during the quick roasting process of making this dish will make your family appear at the kitchen table with little to no encouragement. So today; I encourage you to bring your family together, feed them good food, remember that families who eat together stay together, and fill your house with the aroma of love!
- 1 Eggplant, medium dice
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms (or whatever)
- 6 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, large diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Pasta (tortellini, medium shells, ziti, or spaghetti - whatever you like)
- 4 oz diced cheese (I used leftover Goat Gouda, mozzarella or feta or parmesan or another bold cheese could all work perfectly)
- Pre-Heat your Oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. While oven is pre-heating, prepare all of your vegetables and toss them right onto a foil lined & cooking-oil sprayed baking sheet (makes for easiest assembly and clean-up).
- Drizzle some good Olive Oil over the whole thing, lightly mix and season with salt & pepper. Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes (mixing half-way through if you remember). While the vegetables are roasting, prepare your pasta according to package directions and chop your cheese.
- When the vegetables are nice and tender, mix it all together & drizzle a bit more of your favorite good quality over top to finish
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What smell would YOU bottle (not necessarily to wear, but just to spray whenever you needed it)?