Growing up I was never a huge fan of fish (at least the kind that was not a shellfish), but I happen to be marrying a wonderful man who is a huge fan of fish… so I am adapting!
This Grilled Salmon could not be any easier. You do need to make sure your grill is screaming hot and generously greased so nothing sticks. If you have a favorite grilling basket/cake/thing for fish, feel free to use it! Another grilling suggestion from my other half is to use tongs instead of (or in addition to) just a spatula, it makes grilling so much easier no matter what you are grilling.
Everything about this dish is easy and delicious, perfect for a busy weeknight. It is also adaptable to serve a crowd and is impressive enough to serve when you have company.
This fish turned a no-fish-female into a fish-fan…
- 2 salmon filets (without skin, if possible)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium bunch basil
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Trim the bottoms off the asparagus. Place asparagus square dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and rub until evenly coated. Place Asparagus onto a hot grill, being careful so nothing falls through.
- Coat the salmon with oil and gently rub with salt and pepper. Place the salmon [flesh side] down onto the hot grill. Turn salmon over carefully after about 5-6 minutes and cook the rest of the way [on the skin side]. Cook the Salmon about 4 more minutes.
- Remove the asparagus when it has nice charred grill marks and is tender all the way through.
- For the mayo: combine the mayo, chopped basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix. Serve the salmon and asparagus topped with the mayo.
Recipe adapted from Healthy Living Market
One Year Ago – Pea Soup! (Pea Soup perfect for spring and for those of you who think that you hate Peas, this soup is delicious and will convert people who think they don’t like peas)
Two Years Ago – Sweet 16 Candy Bouquet (amazingly easy Candy Bouquet for you to make for anyone in your life who deserves some sweets – feel free to make this with your loved ones favorite candies & bring smiles to all)
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What is your favorite kind of seafood?