Mornings are Busy ~ Life is Busy ~ Breakfast is Important
Skipping Breakfast is a really bad choice! If you have an extra 5 minutes in the morning, you can whip up a healthy breakfast smoothie every morning (which is as simple as your favorite fruits, some yogurt and/or milk). If you know that you don’t have that much extra time though, you still don’t have any excuse to not get some healthy stuff in your body first thing in the morning! I have started to make a batch of smoothies over the weekend, put them in the freezer and have them all week (more on that later).
This Green Smoothie is an amazing way to get lots of extra nutrition into your body quickly and easily first thing in the morning. Don’t be put off by its color (like my mom is), I am telling you that this is delicious. Feel free to adapt this to whatever flavors work for you – but this is one of the easiest ways I can think to have a great breakfast!
- 1 cup spinach (about ½ bag from the pre-made salad bags)
- ½ cup almond milk (or your favorite milk)
- ¼ cup yogurt (low fat or greek or your favorite)
- 1 banana (previously frozen to give you a super-cold smoothie)
- 1 peach and/or ½ cup strawberries
- Throw all ingredients into your favorite blender. Take them for a whirl and be sure to scrape down the sizes and mix to ensure everything gets smooth.
- Optional Additions: Flax Seeds and Wheat Germ. Also feel free to use Kale instead of Spinach. Freeze any or all of your fruits
This is an updated version of the (awfully photographed) Green Smoothie I previously made
Two Years Ago – Snickerdoodle Muffins. Although these delicious Muffins are no where near as healthy as this Green Smoothie, they are totally delicious and an awesome special breakfast treat!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What is your favorite quick/easy breakfast?