I am sure that you are probably always on the lookout for fresh and easy and delicious appetizers. I recently had a bunch of fresh ingredients in the fridge which were nearing the end of their life. Making yummy dishes to start a meal is super easy when you just think about how foods work together.
It all started with a tomato…. Tomatoes could be the start to so many happy endings!! Bruschetta is a favorite appetizer around here, but I couldn’t go with our regular tomato bruschetta because I also had some blue cheese which had been opened for a few days and needed to get used while still in its peak of life. Blue Cheese pairs perfectly with mushrooms (and bacon – but didn’t have any of that at home on this day, feel free to crumble some bacon into this). When I took all of these ideas into my head, I knew that I could do a delicious variation of a mushroom bruschetta I have made before!
Another great thing about this appetizer is it can be made ahead of time. Prepare your mixture, toast up your bread and set aside – then at the time to serve, just top the toasts with your delicious stuff and toast it up! Simple appetizers to impress your taste-buds, family, & friends!
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 package mushrooms (8 oz baby bellas)
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Basil
- dash of good Balsamic
- salt/pepper to taste
- Bread (french, quartered white bread, whatever)
- Slice Mushrooms & saute until they have released all of their liquids. Allow to Cool and then mix in a bowl with the tomatoes, blue cheese, basil, & balsamic. Taste and season as needed.
- Pre-Toast your bread (sliced french bread or quartered white bread slices or whatever bread you have on hand). Then top with your Delicious Topping Mix and throw in a toaster under broil for a few minutes until it is warm and delicious
Two Years Ago – Strawberry Cake
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What great creations have you made from the fridge/pantry?