October happens to be not only National Apple Month, but also National Caramel Month!
As happy as people seem to get when it starts to get warm and they can finally hit the beach – people seem to get even more happy when the Crisp Nights of Fall arrive. Something about Fall just seems to make people so happy. So, when you are done Apple Picking, or Haunted Housing, or Pumpkin Carving, or Jumping in the Leaves, or Trick-or-Treating, or Making your way out of a Corn Maze or Carving a Turkey – you are going to need a delicious snack! This Caramel Apple Milkshake can be whipped up in just a few minutes and tastes absolutely delicious.
With just a few Fall Kitchen Staples, this thick creamy milkshake is just a few minutes away. You can go healthier by using frozen yogurt (either store bought or just freeze some regular yogurt) OR Indulge a little bit by using a rich Vanilla Ice Cream. I promise you that you won’t be disappointed with this shake – they have that Great “Fall Taste” that you are looking for this time of year!
- 2 - 3 apples, peeled (1/2 for garnish)
- 1 Cup Frozen Yogurt OR Ice Cream (I froze my yogurt into an ice cube tray)
- ½ Cup Milk (Vanilla Almond Milk is my preference)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Caramel (the dipping kind is perfect) + some for drizzle
- Whipped Cream (garnish)
- In a blender, combine apple, yogurt (ice cream), milk, caramel, & cinnamon. Mix Well until Super Smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce into each glass and swirl around. Add half of the remaining apple (this will require you using a spoon for the shake, skip this if you want to skip the sppon) at the bottom of the glass, then pour the shake.
- Top with whipped cream and remaining apple chunks
Adapted from The Urban Mrs.
One Year Ago – October is NATIONAL PIZZA MONTH! Get ready to enjoy all sorts of delicious Pizza… you should celebrate National Pizza Month at least once a week!
*NOTE… you may also want to Celebrate Caramel & Apple Months with a MARTINI!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… When would you want to enjoy this Delicious Shake?