Sometimes the simplest of ingredients made the most fun and memorable treats.
This fall you are going to have people over and/or going to need to bring something to a friend/family members houses (hello: Pumpkin Carving, Trick-or-Treat, Thanksgiving)! Why not throw together a big bowl of acorns to decorate your table scape and thrill your taste buds? Chocolate & Nilla Wafers – nothing bad tasting about those ingredients together, and that is all you need to make tasty acorns this fall!
There is nothing else really to say….
these are so quick, so easy, and so perfect for every fall gathering!
- 3 dozen Mini Nilla Wafers
- 3 dozen Hershey Kisses (unwrapped) - any flavor will do
- 3 dozen chocolate chips
- ¼ cup melting chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon shortening
- Mix together the Melting Chocolate and the shortening. Melt in the microwave in a small microwave-safe bowl at 50% power for about 30 seconds at a time, mixing after every 30 seconds - should need less than 2 minutes.
- Line a cutting board with wax paper. Dip the flat side of a Hershey Kiss in a bit of the melted chocolate and place on the center of the bottom on the Nilla Wafer, lightly push down. Repeat with all Wafers.
- For the top of the acorn carefully get some melting chocolate on the flat side of a chocolate chip and place in the center of the top of the wafer and push in place to secure. Complete with all Acorns - they can set on the counter or place in the fridge if you need it quick!
- Place in a bowl and enjoy
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What is your favorite easy yet impressive dish?