We need to eat. There are some days that we have hours to stir and blend and create in order to produce an award winning meal. Other days, we want dinner to be quick and easy. Just because we are eating without hours of work, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t eat quality food!
This time of year, many of us seem to crave really hearty and filling comfort food. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Comfort Food is Cheese! This Casserole is created using some kitchen staples and is creamy & delicious, with little effort.
I always stock up on Ground Beef when it is on sale and freeze it into 1 pound bags. Betty Crocker makes some delicious Potatoes (they may be loaded with sodium – but they are so good). Stocking up on Pantry Staples like Au Gratin Potatoes is another money-wise trick I live by. Once you have those staples in your house, you are 45 minutes of [nearly] hands off time away from a dinner that is worthy of serving to your family. Throw together a quick salad and you have a relatively balanced meal!
- 1 lb high quality ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes (flavor of your choice)
- 1¾ cup boiling water
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions (chives)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 2-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a small skillet, cook ground beef & onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink - drain if needed
- In large bowl mix sauce pouch, water, milk and butter. Add in the potatoes and cooked beef. Pour potato mixture into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 35 minutes. Top with green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (sauce will thicken as it stands).
NOTE – Betty Crocker did not pay for any part of this post, nor did they supply me with any items. I am more than welcome to doing guest posts or sponsored posts and all views expressed here are 100% honest and my own!
One Year Ago – Apple Zucchini Breakfast Fritatta
Two Years Ago - Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What are some household staples you always have on hand?