Don’t you just love little bites of delicious foods?
I love one-bite foods! In all honesty, we all seem to love our small plates of food. There are amazing Tapas places all over the country, I know that I have a whole rack in my pantry devoted to Tasting Dishes and they seem to be in every store right now. Food on a stick is another huge trend, there are whole cookbooks dedicated to Food on a Stick, and we love our fair food even more when it comes on a stick. Dessert Trays are filled with delectable treats that you can eat and chat at the same time, Cocktail parties would not be the same if we had huge casserole dishes. The trend in entertaining seems to be “Heavy Hors D’oeuvres” instead of a sit-down dinner.
So, since we seem to love little foods so much – why not take your classic (often hard to make and even more often hard to eat) Caramel Apple and make it bite-sized!? This classic fall dessert (on a stick) is easily turned into a one-bite-wonder by switching out the Apple with a Grape. They both have the same sweetness and crunch, and while I will admit that a grape is a bit juicier, I will take this snack-able alternative any day!
Why not fill your next dessert tray with a bunch of these beauties (see what I did there, “bunch” when we are talking about grapes!!)? These would be great to send with the kids to their holiday parties, perfect to set out whenever you have company over, great to make ahead for those unexpected extra guests, or just have a great after school/work treat for your family.
A few minutes, and even fewer ingredients are what make these Caramel Dipped Grapes undeniably great! Coat them in your favorite Caramel Apple Coatings, or you can even dip them in Chocolate too if that is how you like your Apples! I used some crushed up Peanuts which gave the perfect contrast, but some mini baking chips or crushed up M&Ms (or Reece’s Pieces) would rock the world too. The possibilities are endless…
- 1 bunch of seedless grapes
- 1 tub of caramel dip for apples
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- Crushed nuts, m&ms or sprinkles (optional)
- OR instead of Caramel Dip: 1 cup caramel bits or wrapped caramel and 2+Tablespoons heavy cream
- Wash and let your grapes dry - there cannot be any moisture left on your grapes.
- Poke a toothpick into the top of each Grape. Line a Cutting Board with a Sheet of Wax Paper for easy clean-up.
- Heat the caramel in the microwave for 10 second intervals until it is warm and has smooth consistency. If you find it too thick, mix in 2 Tablespoons of sour cream. OR if you are using the Caramels & Cream, mix together and microwave at 10 second intervals until warm and smooth.
- Dunk the grapes that are on the sticks into the caramel to cover. Roll in chopped nuts, sprinkles, or crushed m&ms.
- To make them stand up the best, put a bit extra caramel on the grape before rolling in the goodies, then place them on your lined board. Allow to set & Cool in the fridge, store for up to a few days!
Adorable & Tasty Grapes all covered to remind you of little bite-sized Caramel Apples!
One Year Ago – Stuffed Snickerdoodles