Thanksgiving is a Holiday all about Family. I think that Family is Fun. These Turkeys are Fun, AND made from Chocolate, which makes them even more fun, so they are a perfect match for You and your Family this Fun Thanksgiving!
If you have little ones at home, this is the perfect way to get them involved with a super fun & super cute (and super safe due to no hot ovens or stoves) Thanksgiving project. These would be great to bring in for that last minute Thanksgiving (Harvest?) Party at School or just to help make your Dessert Table a little bit more fun! Even if there are no small-humans as a part of your family, I am pretty sure the big humans will love these turkeys just as much as the little ones would.
If you purchase pre-covered-chocolate items (read: chocolate covered pretzels and your favorite choocolate-covered-cookies) all you need to do is assemble with a bit of melted chocolate to act as glue to hold it all together! If you are feeling really ambitious (or can’t find pre-covered chocolate items) feel free to cover your own items! Chocolate Chips are the easiest (and most cost effective) ways to make the eyes, but you can always use Wilton’s Eyes as well.
There is no way that you can go wrong with these little guys, they are SO easy to make and are sure to bring a smile to the face of everyone who sees them. Smile-Inducing, super fun, and an easy project to make – how can you go wrong? I bet you could even make these while watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade, leave them on the counter to set and they will be good-to-go by the time the family all arives! No baking or extra refrigeration required, these could be the most adorable (and easiest) addition to your table this year!
- 1 dozen chocolate covered cookies (Mallomars, Chocolate Covered Oreos, etc)
- 3 dozen chocolate covered pretzels
- 1 dozen Candy Corn
- 2 dozen Wilton Eyes OR Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons melted chocolate
- Attach 3 Chocolate Covered Pretzels to each other using the melted chocolate (place on a sheet of Wax Paper for easy removal) as shown in the photo.
- Put a bit of melted chocolate on the back on a Candy Corn and put it on the bottom, center of your Chocolate Cookie. Add two dabs of chocolate where your eyes will go, and place your chosen eyes on the melted chocolate.
- Put some more melted chocolate on the bottom ¼ of each pretzel and place your pre-decorated chocolate cookie on top.
- Allow to set for at least 30 minutes to ensure everything is set & then move to desired location
* You will need more melted chocolate if you plan to cover your own pretzels or cookies
* These are adorable even without the Pretzel Feathers - just the "Turkey Head"
* If you like what you see here – be sure to follow me on FACEBOOK
AND while you are melting & dipping your chocolate…
Since you have the chocolate all melted up, you might as well make up some ACORNS to go with your Turkeys!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving?