Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate AND Cookies, Chocolate but no Cookies… that is how we have arrived at today’s No-Bake Chocolate Treat! All you need in some melted chocolate (hello microwave), some chopped pistachios and some dried cherries or cranberries. Wanna talk about easy + impressive + delicious + different!?
You have the sweet and salty thing going in, you have a bit of a crunchy snap with some softness. The only way(s) that I can see you not liking these Red & Green speckled chocolate bites is if you A. don’t like chocolate or B. have a nut allergy. Besides those two reasons, I am not seeing any reason for you not to love these things!
There is NO BAKING involved in these. That means you can whip them up in no time while something else is cooking in the oven. You could even give the kids or hubby the ingredients and tell them to go to town! No one said they need to be perfect circles, make ’em your own and make them today. They will brighten up any cookie platter, or feel free to just serve them on their own plate. They are that special and adorable, they deserve their own plate. The colors just pop enough to say “Christmas” calmly without getting obnoxious and shouting “Hey, look at me, I’m dressed in Red & Green for Christmas” from the rooftops!
- 1 cup1 high-quality dark chocolate chips, or any good melt-able chocolate
- ½ cup salted pistachios (chopped up a bit)
- ½ cup dried cranberries (or dried cherries or cherry cranberries)
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with wax paper.
- Melt your Chocolate: Fill a large skillet halfway with water and bring to a simmer. Place chocolate in a heat-safe bowl (metal or glass). Once the water is simmering, turn off the heat and place the bowl of chocolate in the water. Stir the chocolate until melted. OR just put chocolate into a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at ½ power for about 2 minutes total, being sure to stir every 30 seconds
- Mix in about ½ of the pistachios and cranberries into the chocolate. Drop a small mound of chocolate onto wax paper, then top each mound with a couple of cranberries and pistachios.
- Cool in the refrigerator until hardened (at least 30 minutes).
As originally seen on A Couple Cooks
If you like the Red & Green Color of this, but you want to go all out crazy with a bit more time consuming treat, why not try the classic Italian 7-Layer Rainbow Cookie (also dressed in Red & Green for the season)
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… Would you rather cookies or chocolate (truffles, etc)?