In case you need a reason to enjoy this healthier HUGE Chocolate Chip Cookie… I have a few for you:
- The 2nd Week of March is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Week
- This Cookie is Cake-Sized, so there is plenty to share
- Chocolate Chip Cookie made with Chick Peas (garbanzo beans) so you don’t feel guilty
- Texture of Cookie Dough
Are you convinced yet?
If you were ever a fan of those big Chocolate Chip Cookie Cakes – this is reminiscent of those cookies, but with the additional benefits of having a cookie-dough texture to it AND being somewhat healthy from the addition of the Chick Peas. Due to the use of the brown sugar, I am NOT saying that this is healthy – but it is no where near as unhealthy for you as the traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie.
From start to finish you can have this whole party-sized cookie ready in about 30 minutes. Served warm with a scoop of Ice Cream and you have an impressive dessert which doesn’t break the bank or the diet! When made ahead it travels well and can be brought to share with friends. No one needs to feel guilty about sneaking an extra piece either.
- ½ cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can white beans or garbanzos (drained and rinsed) (250g)
- 1.5 tbsp oil (vegetable or coconut or canola)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar (You can try adding less, if you’re used to healthy desserts. Also, white sugar will work if you don’t have brown, but brown is recommended for the best taste. I can’t personally vouch for the results, but some commenters have reported success with xylitol, if you want it sugar-free.)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Blend everything except the chips very well in a food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips, and pour into a greased or oiled pan. Cook at 350 F for around 20 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Grease a round 9-inch Cake Pan and pre-heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Blend everything except for your chips VERY well in a quality food processor. Mix in chips by hand, and pour into the greased pan.
- Cook at 350 F for around 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. To remove, invert onto the cooling rack and then return right-side-up on a plate.
As originally found on Chocolate Covered Katie – your source for everything chocolate & healthy
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What is your favorite way to enjoy Chocolate Chip Cookies?