Its Macaroon Week! After Researching and Testing a few recipes this week (like Meringue Macaroons and Whipped Coconut Macaroons), I am sharing the easiest of all of the recipes with you today. The cooking on these were a little bit confusing – I actually had to reform and then cook a few of them again, but once you get them cooked right – they could not be easier!
If you are a fan of sweet coconut, then these cookies are for you. You can whip them up in under 10 minutes (and eat them even quicker?) Since these are so easy to throw together, you can always plunk an almond in the center and once they chill dunk them in some melted chocolate and you have an Almond Joy! As you have them right now they just seem to be begging you to eat them and bring visions of Passover floating through my head.
Whip ’em up now, yup – time to stop reading, go ahead and make them!
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) flaked coconut (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Imitation Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix coconut, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract in large bowl. Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto greased OR slipmat lined baking sheets.
- Bake at least 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets to wire racks; cool completely.
As orignally adapted from Love from the Oven
One Year Ago – HUMMUS, homemade & delicious & healthy & my favorite snack
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… would you rather make a treat or buy one premade?