Coconut Shrimp – healthier when baked instead of fried. Add in the spice of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. That good, right? Perfect appetizer. Great Tasting Menu Dish. Great to Entertain With. Easy Lunch or Light Dinner with a side salad.
How about instead of just having the Jamaican Jerk Coconut Shrimp, you add another layer of sweet savory goodness? That’s right – coconut and pineapple pair up on top of pasta to make a bed of flavor happiness for your shrimp to live out the rest of their days. So now you have… Layers of Flavors, Family Friendly (play with your spice level), and a Full Meal!
As hubby was eating his leftover for lunch – I got a text saying that this is “absolutely one of the tastiest and most original things you’ve ever made”… if that is not a glowing recommendation to go make this dish ASAP, then I do not know what is!
If we could change one thing about this recipe – it would be color. I am still trying to sort out how to add just a splash of color (green onions or parsley are a “go-to” but neither would really go with this dish).
In addition to just making and enjoying and sharing this amazing dish, featuring a Saucy Mama sauces – this post is also me entering in a recipe contest, in which the winner will get a Golden Ticket to the World Food Championships (I mean, no pressure or anything – eep). Saucy Mama Sauces (and Mustard, if you remember those from last year) are out of this world! Don’t believe me? Well, go order some yourself OR be sure to enter the GIVEAWAY at the bottom of this page to be able to secure your own Wing-Sauce-Prize-Pack, courtesy of Saucy Mama herself!
And now, without further adieu…
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Jamaican Jerk Sauce from Saucy Mama
- ¼ cup Flour
- 2 - 3 cups shredded coconut
- 2 dozen shrimp
- Clean your shrimp (I usually buy the frozen kind which just need to be defrosted & shelled) and set out while you set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Beat your eggs until light and a bit foamy. Mix in your Jerk Sauce. You need a small bowl for your flour and another for your shredded shrimp. Line a Baking Sheet with Foil (for easy clean-up) and coat well with cooking spray or some oil.
- Coat each shrimp in flour and then coat in your Egg-Jerk Mix. Finally, coat in your shredded coconut. Carefully place the shrimp on your prepared tray. Repeat will all shrimp.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for approximately 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and rub a bit more sauce on top of each shrimp (you may want to just use a pastry brush for this). and serve on top of pasta OR just serve with the sauce on the side as appetizer!
- ½ box Pasta (we used Mafalda)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Crushed Pineapple
- ½ teaspoon salt + pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- In a small/medium saucepan - saute garlic in a bit of olive oil. Once it starts to brown up, add in your coconut and your pineapple. Season and taste to adjust as needed.
- Bring Water to a boil & season with salt. Once you water comes to a boil - cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain pasta when done and mix in just a bit of your sauce to prevent sticking. When you serve pasta, serve the sauce on top.
- If serving with the delicious Jamaican Jerk Coconut Shrimp, place them on top of pasta and sauce.
And I leave with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What is something that you made that as you ate it, you were very pleasantly surprised with how absolutely amazing it was?