If you have ever been to Disney World, there is a high chance that you have heard all about the Dole Whip. There is nearly a cult-like following for these frozen treats. People wait in lines nearly as long as the ride lines just to get one of these. This recipe is your Fast Pass to a Dole Whip. No need to buy a plane ticket. No need to purchase Park Passes or plan your whole day around Character Visits and the shortest lines for the top rides.
This Dole Whip is a perfect way to cool down this summer! Whipped up from fresh and wholesome ingredients, it tastes like you really are indulging. In reality, your taste-buds are indulging and you are a frozen flash of fresh fruits and fabulous flavors!
There are a LOT of versions of Dole Whip floating around the internet. Most of those include their cream base being centered around the use of Cool Whip. I am sure that tastes absolutely amazing, but it is also loaded with chemicals and preservatives. Around here I really try to saturate our diet with more natural than fake ingredients. Whenever there is a more natural way to eat something, I will prefer to go that way. When you are making your own food at home, it is easy to watch what is going into your family’s mouth.
Please take a few moments to whip up this Pineapple Treat in your own kitchen – I can guarantee that you won’t be disappointed. If you like additions to your sweet treats, you could even top with some mini chocolate-chips! For an on-demand Ice-Cream Treat, this Healthy Dole Whip can also be made in advance and kept in the freezer and eaten as Ice Cream (allow to set out for a few minutes to soften before digging in – no one likes solid ice!)
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- ¼ cup milk of choice (I used a delicious coconut/almond milk blend)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- up to ¼ cup OJ
- Throw all ingredients into your high quality blender. Start with just a splash of Orange Juice and taste as you go, to get the flavor/tartness you desire. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- If you want a delicious soft-scoop swirl of your Whip like you see in these photos, freeze the whole thing in a plastic bag for at least 30 minutes. From the Plastic Bag, you then want to just snip the corner off an swirl into your cup. If you choose to go right from the blender, just pour & enjoy!
Inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie
Other Disney Treats here on Teacher-Chef include…
- Goat Cheese with Crispy Bread, as inspired by Disney Epcot, Morocco
- Minnie & Mickey Mouse Pops – Chocolate covered Oreos, all dressed up as the famous Mouse Duo
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What is your favorite treat when you go to an amusement park?