Pecan Pie is a Holiday Favorite on tables around the country! Sometimes Pecan Pie is so incredibly sweet that your teeth almost hurt. You would think that the addition of Chocolate to this Pecan Pie would make this even sweeter – but contrary to popular belief, the addition of chocolate chips actually cuts some of the sweetness and gives you the best of everything pie has to offer!
Chocolate added to almost anything makes it even better (in my opinion). My family 100% agrees with me on the deliciousness of this pie. I am not even trying to put into words the deliciousness of the pie (I should have written down the quotes while family was eating in order to share with you)This pie was one of the 1st to go from the table and even those who are watching what they are eating went for seconds on it. See the beauty of the inside of this pie… that piece had to be set aside as I was cutting/packaging leftovers for everyone.
Words are not needed – I’ll just let a last few photos speak on behalf of the pie…
- 1 deep dish prepared 9-inch pie crust (frozen or refrigerated, or sub in your favorite homemade crust here)
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup bourbon or water
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Prepare your pie crust as directed on package or according to your favorite recipe.
- Sprinkle pecans and chocolate evenly onto bottom of crust; set aside.
- Combine corn syrup, sugars, and liqued (water/bourbon) in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs, butter, cornmeal, vanilla, & salt. Gradually whisk about one-fourth hot mixture into egg mixture; add to remaining hot mixture, whisking constantly. Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set (please check by doing a good jiggle test to make sure it is mostly set in the middle); cool on wire rack.
As originally seen on My Recipes
Three Years Ago – Sweet Cream Cheese stuffed PUMPKIN Muffins
And I leave you with this, today’s question of the day… Which do you prefer – chocolate or regular pecan pie?