I have your last minute fun Super Bowl Recipe right here!
*this is a savory treat which only looks like a cupcake!
These may look like your normal sweet cupcakes (with some chicken on top?!?) but they are really Cornbread Muffins with Mashed Potato Frosting & Buffalo Hot Chicken Wing sauce all over the place!
If you still want one more thing for your Super Bowl Party (or a good fake-out for April Fools & just leave off the chicken to fool everyone!!!) then you have come to the right place – the flavors on these are great and they are just so much fun!
Cornbread Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes
I used all ‘mixes’ for these Cupcakes – but you can very easily follow your own favorite recipe for any of the elements and make yours from scratch – this is an easy & quick & fun recipe which is even easier with the quality “prepared” ingredients – original inspiration from The Cupcake Project
yield – 6 cupcakes
- 1 package Corn Bread Muffin mix (& everything that your mix needs: milk, egg, butter)
- Instant Mashed Potatoes (& the things you need for that: milk, water, butter)
- 1/2 dozen Frozen Chicken Nuggets (or tenders or wings OR make your own)
- Frank’s Hot Sauce (to taste – I used about 1/2 cup total?)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
Follow the directions on your package to cook your Corn Bread Muffins (and throw about a 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce on top of each uncooked corn bread to give that some kick). I did not put any Blue Cheese in mine – but you should go ahead and stick a chunk (or 5) of Blue Cheese right into the center of your uncooked batter to have a hidden burst of Blue Cheese in the middle!
Make your instant mashed potatoes (according to package directions. Once they are done – add the ranch and some sour cream (and maybe some milk) until you get them the consistency of really thick frosting or something that you can easily pipe on top of your cupcakes
Bake your chicken of choice (according to package directions) & then toss in your hot sauce.
Drizzle some hot sauce on top of your cupcakes, then top with a piece of chicken. Carefully put some Blue Cheese on top of the cupcakes as well (and maybe even some more hot sauce if you are feeling crazy)
* these were discussed on Good Morning America as an alternative to just “plain chicken wings” – so see what all the hype is about and enjoy some GMA Buffalo Chicken Wing Cupcakes today!
One Year Ago – Dry Rubbed Pulled Pork (now a go-to ‘recipe’)
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What foods do you like to reinvent into something else?