Healthy Food does not have to taste bad or boring!
My Future Brother-In-Law has a thing for Snickerdoodles. The problem with snickerdoodles though is that they are not really healthy. Now, I’m not saying that there is anything wrong with un-healthy foods here and there, but when the whole family is getting together you know there is going to be a lot of food! A lot of food equals a lot of unhealthy choices – so its nice to have some healthy treats to munch on here and there.
This Dip is perfect with apple slices, graham crackers, or any other sort of delicious crisp (like some Apple Chips maybe). Enjoy some Snickerdoodle Dip at your next family get together and have a healthy sweet escape.
Skinny Snickerdoodle Dip
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
- 1.5 cups chickpeas (1 can)
- ¼ – ½ cup light brown sugar (go by taste preference)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon (plus more for garnish)
- Drain and rinse your beans very well & pat dry.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor, starting with the milk at the bottom. Blend until very smooth, scraping the sides of the blender down every so often. You will need to stir it every 30 seconds or so to get things moving. Taste and adjust as needed
- Garnish with a touch of cinnamon and enjoy!
Yet another delicious recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction
p.s. Happy New Job ” Brother D”!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… Who in your family has a “favorite” that you strive to always make something for?