There is just something about a delicious & hearty breakfast on a Crisp Fall Morning that just makes you ready for the day. Pair that up with a delicious cup of (Pumpkin Spice) Coffee and maybe even some Apple Butter on top for good measure and it sounds like a perfect way to start any day!
I made this Breakfast Casserole last weekend. Rich went out for a run and he came back to the smell of this in the oven (see, this is my excuse for why I can’t start working out… who will make the goodies then!). We each had a nice sized piece and were energized for the day. The rest of this got cut into individual sized portions and wrapped up for quick breakfasts all week. All that we had then to do was pop one of these into the microwave and a weekend-quality-breakfast on a Wednesday was possible!
Cheddar Apple Sausage Breakfast Bake
- 1 package frozen sausage, cut into chunks (or use bulk sausage & cook it up)
- 3 medium apples, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1½ cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread your sausage and sliced/chopped apples evenly into the bottom of your baking dish. Top with about ½ of your cheese.
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, salt, pepper and eggs with wire whisk or fork until blended. Pour evenly over cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with some apple butter or maple syrup drizzled on top for an extra treat.
Recipe from Bisquick
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… After a workout, what is your favorite thing to eat?
… maybe if I hear enough about your yummy post-workout treats then it will motivate me to workout so that I can eat them!