Everything is better wrapped in Bacon!
Even when I talk to many vegetarians that I know the thing they tell me they miss the most (most often) is bacon! These tasty little bites are perfect for entertaining as they can be made in advance. They are packed full of flavor and can be served without any dipping sauce (one less dish to wash at the end)!
This “On a Stick” Appetizer is perfect for any season… great on the grill for Summer Parties, in the oven for Football, dressed up for Cocktail Parties, or delicious to start off a date night! Please enjoy these with friends soon, show the ones you love how much you love them… bacon = love!
- ½ pound beef (tenderloin medallions would be amazing, but you just need to choose something which can be cut into bite-sized pieces before cooking)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- about a dozen strips of bacon
- Cut your steak into small cubes. Preheat a large skillet with a bit of Olive Oil to coat the pan. Once oil is hot, quickly brown the outside of your beef and season with Salt & Pepper (it barely needs to be cooked now as it will finish cooking with the bacon).
- Remove the Beef from the pan and put into a bowl with the Mustard & Worcestershire. Mix and Marinade for at bit.
- Once the Beef is coated in Flavor and Cool to the touch, you are ready to wrap with Bacon (probably about ⅓ piece of bacon per piece of beef) and secure with a toothpick. Line a Baking Sheet with Foil & lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake in a Preheated Oven (400 degrees) for about 15 minutes - you want to turn them every few minutes so the bacon crisps up (note - my bacon was not crisp enough - another suggestion would be grilling these to crisp it up)!
One more quick note… you do need to be careful not to cut your pieces of Steak too big if you have a tough cut of meat though, because they can get a bit chewy!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… Finish this Statement: “Everything is better with ________.”