If there is something I love more than cooking, it has got to be my dogs! I love teaching, and I love my family – but the Mr. and I both agree that if we didn’t like dogs our relationship would have never gotten off the ground! Donner was Rich’s Dog before we met and after we had been together a few months, Boca entered our lives. They are our 4-legged Children, and as any pet-owner can attest… we would do anything for these dogs!
Before we got married, I was trying to determine a good Groom’s Gift for Rich and I came across Nose Print Jewelry. I was thinking of doing a set of Cufflinks, but Rich said he didn’t want them (and really, how much use does a guy really get out of Cufflinks?). I then came across Nicole’s MetroPawlitan Art page on Etsy and read her back-story as to why she got into doing this noseprint jewelry. It is quite obvious that Nicole is a “do anything for her dogs” type of Dog-Owner. In addition to being a dog-lover, Nicole is one of the sweetest people out there! I told her all about Donner and his Epilepsy and how he is Rich’s Best Buddy. She made the most awesome NosePrint Keyring of Donner’s Nose which I presented to Rich at our Rehearsal Dinner. Donner’s nose now lives on Rich’s keyring everyday so his buddy can go to work with him!
Nicole has agreed to do a very special giveaway, just for my readers! By entering through the RaffleCopter below, you will be eligible to win a Bronze Pendant of your furry friend’s nose! She’ll send you the kit to take the noseprint (with great instructions, and she has some videos as well which are beyond helpful). After you send her back your prints, in just a few short weeks you will have a print of your very own! You will receive the kit in time for Christmas so you can even give this as a gift to your favorite pet owner! In addition to just doing keyrings, she can do bracelets and necklaces as well! How cool would a Charm Bracelet be of all of the noses of your furry friends (talk about “bling”)!!
And while your four-legged friends are helping you make a great gift – why not do something for them!? These Homemade Dog Treats are SO EASY to make, and you know exactly what you are giving your dog. Make up a batch of these, treat your dogs this holiday season or even wrap some up so your dogs can gift them to every other doggy-friend they have. As an added bonus, these doggie treats are so delicious that you can share one with your dog – Peanut Butter Treats for all!
* Recipe as featured on Huffington Post *
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- ½ cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with a Slipmat OR Parchment Paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter and milk with a fork until smooth. Stir in the flour and baking powder until well blended. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Roll out to ¼ inch thickness and cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Dog Bone Recipe from All Recipes