Chocolate Truffles: rich, decadent, creamy, classic, smooth, indulgent… everything that a Truffle should be – these are. EXCEPT, wait – is it possible that we have a Chocolate Truffle which tastes to-die-for are not going to ruin your whole day’s worth of healthy eating choices?
I am by no way saying that these Chocolate Truffles are healthy, but by using Avocado instead of the more traditional Heavy Cream you are able to enjoy these with less guilt! Please do not turn away from these without even trying them because you are afraid to use Avocado in a sweet dessert – the addition of this super food brings a citrusy-nuttiness to these truffles which is undeniably perfect.
Perfectly creamy with the flavor that almost lends itself to being mistaken to a liquor-based truffle – these can be whipped up in little to no time and you are sure to please whoever gets to enjoy these (even if you go through them all yourself – we won’t judge). Healthy Fats from your Avocado and all those Antioxidants in your quality Chocolates – a mini gift not just for your tastebuds!
Wishing you and yours not just a Happy Valentines Day – but a Happy ANY Day that you need a chocolate-pick-me-up…
- 1 small avocado
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (use quality chips!)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Sprinkles, cocoa, powdered sugar, nuts, or coconut for rolling
- MASH your avocado well in a bowl, until smooth (you can use a food processor, but that equals more bowls which is a no-no in my mind).
- Add your chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and melt on half power for about 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to mix.
- Once the chocolate is smooth, add in the other ingredients and stir well until mixed and smooth. Cover and Chill in the fridge for at least a few hours until firm
- Line a board with waxed paper & have your desired rolling topping ready in a small dish or ramekin.
- Use a 1 tsp to 1 Tbsp cookie scoop to portion out your truffles. Roll them in between your hands to make perfect little balls. Once they are all rolled, pop them into your coating(s) of choice. Leave prepared truffles in the fridge until ready to serve