For my Birthday, we were able to celebrate in Epcot, Walt Disney World. Mickey & Minnie Mouse are central to celebrating anything Disney! To bring those famous Mice home, I created some Chocolate Covered Oreo Pops to share.These pops are so gosh-darn cute and aren’t hard to make at all (do they take a little time, yes – but no, they are not hard to make, even for someone who is not artistic like me).
These Mickey Pops & Minnie Pops just scream “celebrate” to me… I mean you have chocolate AND you have Oreos AND you have it all on a stick (come on, food on a stick is just fun – like at a fair or a picnic or a party, when food is on a stick it kinda has to be fun). If you have any fans of Chocolate & Disney in your life then these will make them as happy as they made me
Chocolate + Oreo + Birthday + Disney = perfect
- ½ package Oreos
- 1 snack-pack Mini Oreos
- 1 bag melting chocolates
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening
- Red & White Melting Chocolates OR mini-candy-hearts OR heart-sprinkles
- Lollipop Sticks
- Melt your chocolate (use about ½ of your chocolate & shortening now) in a microwave-safe mug (one with a wide enough opening so your finished mice will fit into the mug to dip). To melt: microwave on ½ power for 30 seconds at a time (this should take less than 2 minutes of melting total), mixing after every interval to ensure smooth chocolate.
- Carefully separate the two halves of the Oreos. Dip the tip of your Stick into some chocolate and then place about ¾ of the way up in the cream part of the Oreo and push down so the cream is basically even with your stick. Separate your mini-oreos and scrape the cream out. Dip the bottom ¼ of the Ear Oreo into the melted chocolate and place on the open oreo in an ear-appropriate spot. Repeat with the other ear. Using a spoon, put some melted chocolate on the inside of the other half of the Oreo and reassemble the cookie, pushing to ensure everything stays together. REPEAT until desired number of Minnie/Mickey Heads are made. Set aside (fridge) for about 30 minutes just to be extra safe that everything has hardened together.
- Re-melt your chocolate (adding more if needed). Holding your Mouse by its Stick (tail?) dip straight down to the bottom of your mug, tipping the mouse and mug to ensure the whole thing is covered. Pull straight out and allow the extra chocolate to drip off for a minute. Place dipped Mouse on a Wax-Paper lined cutting board or cookie sheet. If you are using candy hearts or sprinkles to make Minnie, you would want to place her bow in the right spot while the chocolate is still wet. Repeat. At some point your chocolate will run low and you need to melt more into your mug. After everything is dipped, let cool/set again for up to 30 minutes.
- At this point you can be done OR you can turn some heads into Minnie by Red & White Melting chocolate (melted in a zip-top bag using the same method as you did for the regular chocolate). To make Mickey you can leave them plain or melt red chocolate to cover just the bottom half of your pop & then place two white dots (or sprinkles) in place to be the buttons on his shorts.
- Leave on a platter OR display in a piece of foam OR wrap individually, but no matter how you serve these… enjoy
Two Years Ago – RANCH Dressing... our go-to yummy dressing/dip which we love!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… How long do you feel it is appropriate to celebrate one’s birthday?