A few years ago if you would have offered me Fish Tacos, I probably would have said “NO”!
As I have probably mentioned before though, I am marrying a fish-lover. Fish has tons of health benefits and we are trying to include [sustainable] seafood in our diets on a more regular basis. The more that I experiment with fish, the more I enjoy it, although I am sure my parents wish I would have been more willing to try seafood when I was growing up, they are glad to see me enjoying it now.
These Fish Tacos are filled with delicious flavors. The fish is fresh and fabulous and it is topped with some amazing accompaniments. Just look at these photos – how can you NOT want to dive right in!?
The same way that you would play with flavors and toppings in your beef or chicken tacos – feel free to play with these too. We used Soft Shells, but Hard Tacos would be perfect too. You can top with cheese, or leave it off. Fresh Cilantro is always a great way to finish off tacos. A sliced Avocado was perfectly creamy on these as well. Make these tacos your own & enjoy the freshness 🙂
- 2 Talapia Filets
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Tequila
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
- approx. 1 teaspoon each of Salt/Pepper/Garlic
- Combine all of your marinade ingredients and pour in a zip-top bag or large glass dish. Let your fish marinade for at least 30 minutes (turning once to ensure it gets nice and coated) but up to a few hours
- Pre-Heat Grill to high. We prefer to use a Grill Basket and grill for about 10 - 15 minutes on high until it will flake apart easily - you can see that it is starting to almost separate at the fish-seams, and is no longer translucent.
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 can Rotelle Tomatoes
- ½ bunch cilantro (1/4 cup chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Salt/Pepper/Cumin to taste
- Combine all ingredients and allow the flavors to get happy with each other for at least 30 minutes before you enjoy.
- This is not just an amazing accompaniment to fish tacos but to any Mexican dish as a side... fresh/fast/flavorful
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro (1/4 to ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- dash of salt & pepper
- Puree everything in a food processor.
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What food have you grown to enjoy through the years?