Cooler Nights & Falling Leaves might be
right around the corner here, but that doesn’t mean that you can no longer enjoy S’mores!
These s’mores can be enjoyed all year round, even during “outdoor s’mores season”. In addition to being an easy to enjoy snack any time, Pretzel Sandwich S’mores pack easily! Their packing ability making them perfect for lunches or road trips or care packages or snacking right from a bowl in your kitchen!
There is a large chance that you have all of the ingredients for this right in your house! I know that hard pretzels are one of my staples for a quick snack (dipped in peanut butter or mustard – they can solve any craving). You can’t go wrong with chocolate chips, always keep a bag of those around (I personally stock up when they are on sale, especially with coupons). As far as marshmallows – I love to snack on those and at only $1 a bag for the store brands, I usually have an extra bag or two in the pantry as well.
Not that anything about this recipe is difficult, but I took lots of photos for you!
I’m sorry (not really) but I could not help my self, the lighting was perfect and these are just too adorable for you not to see every moment of their creation….
… you are welcome
- 2 dozen mini hard pretzels (I used waffle, regular ones would be fine)
- approx. 4 dozen mini marshmallows
- approx. 1 dozen chocolate chips
- ½ cup melting chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Line a Baking Sheet (I did these in the Toaster Oven) with Foil for super easy clean up then layer your pretzels on the tray. Put 2-3 mini marshmallows on top of each pretzel and then place in oven (at 350) for about 3 minutes. Add a chocolate chip (or two) to each marshmallow covered pretzel and return to the oven for another 2 minutes or so.
- Remove the tray and squish another pretzel on top of each heated one. Place the whole tray in the freezer to harden while you melt the Chocolate. To melt the chocolate, place it in a microwave safe bowl with the shortening and melt on 50% Power for 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Repeat as needed (probably about 2 minutes?)
- Remove the S'mores from the freezer and dunk into the melted chocolate, placing them to set on a piece of wax paper. Once they are all dipped, place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to harden before enjoying & sharing.
Inspired by Tastebook
Two Years Ago – Habanero Bacon Infused Vodka
(my Father-in-Law and Grandmother still talk about this recipe)!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What are some “Kitchen Staples” that you always have around?